Meet Dr. Eldon L. DeKay
“My practice philosophy is based on the fact that the most important person in the office is the patient. I truly enjoy making my patients happy by creating beautiful smiles.” – Dr. Eldon
Dr. Eldon has been a dedicated orthodontist for many years, and many smiles! Before becoming an orthodontist in Alaska, Dr. Eldon served in the US Army for 16 years.
He grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, but it wasn’t until 1993 that Dr. Eldon moved to Alaska with his wife, Beverly, and their six children, Robert, Jennifer, Rebecca, Carolyn, Sarah, and Jonathan.
Now, more than 20 years later, Dr. Eldon is still enjoying his work as an orthodontist. In 2016, he and his wife celebrated their 41st wedding anniversary. Dr. Eldon is also now a proud grandfather of 23 beautiful grandchildren. When he’s not spending time with his family, Dr. Eldon enjoys woodworking, mechanics, hunting, fishing, working with computers, and reading a good book! He is also an active member of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Completed BS in Biology at University of Arizona - Tucson, Arizona, 1976
- Completed DMD at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA, in 1980
- Completed General Practice Residency at Martin Army Hospital at Ft. Benning, GA, in 1981
- Completed MS in Oral Biology at University of Louisville in Louisville, KY, in 1990
- Completed Residency in Orthodontics (Advanced Education Program in Orthodontics) at Ft. Knox, KY, in 1990
- Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics in 2001
- Have been practicing in Eagle River, AK, since 1996
- Is an Invisalign® Certified Provider
- Specialties: Orthodontics
Currently a member of the following orthodontic organizations:
- American Association of Orthodontists, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, Alaska State Society of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, Alaska Dental Society, Anchorage Dental Society, College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Currently serving as Education Chairman of the Alaska State Society of Orthodontists
- Previously served as President of the Alaska State Society of Orthodontists
Native of: Phoenix, Arizona
Has lived in: Eagle River, AK since 1993
Family members: Wife: Beverly, Children: Robert, Jennifer, Rebecca, Carolyn, Sarah, Jonathon
Leisure activities: Woodworking, mechanics, hunting, fishing, computers, reading
Currently Involved in the following community organizations: LDS Church, Boy Scouts of America
Bet you didn’t know: Married for 41 years in 2016, moved 15 times in the first 18 years of marriage, but only once in the last 15 years. 23 grandchildren and counting.